Monday, December 8, 2008

Week 4: Getting into the Swing of Things


Week 4 rocked! Our IronTeam spin session made all the difference on my Marker Set Ride. Pushing hard gears is helpful when simulating hill climbs :) I completed the 3 Bears loop (19 miles) in 1 hour and 26 minutes. Throughout the season, I will do this same route and benchmark myself against my original time. Hopefully I get faster.

We also had a Swim Market Set. I completed 900 yards in 15 minutes. Woohoo! I hope I can beat it next time...

I made a guest appearance to a Team Modified workout at the Piedmont Track. Coach Claire's 400 interval workout helped me get out of my slow running pace slump. It's amazing what a difference track workouts make on distance running. [This would be a good time to mention that Claire Blaney is my hero...her time for the Philadelphia Marathon was 3:19:08, she came in 68th out of 3,000 women. Amazing!]

Condition: Pumped!

No comments: