Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 27: Tour of Napa


Wow! Napa is really beautiful, but really hot. My teammate, Sedonia, organized a 60 mile bike ride as her fundraiser. She chose a scenic route, recruited volunteers to host water stops, and raffled off some great prizes. I rewarded myself for keeping up with Tony and Nick by not paying attention to the where we were going. It's a lazy way to ride, but it forced me to maintain the pace or else I'd be out there by myself looking for the next turn. Poor Nick had two flats, but it was good practice for him and it was like a tire changing clinic for Tony and me. It was such a hot day, probably in the low 90's. Tony had some good cooling tips, like putting ice cubes in the holes in your helmet. It works! Belinda and Helen hosted the best water stop ever -Spray mist, snacks, and back rubs!
Condition: A little dehydrated

No comments: